Why work for Nicholas King Homes?
Nicholas King Homes are a group of passionate, ambitious and dedicated individuals, who work together to create beautiful homes for our customers. We are always on the look-out for people who share our vision and as our business continues to grow, we will invest in your development and wellbeing to help you reach your full potential.
Our head office is based in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire and our site locations are predominately in the South East of England and the Home Counties. If you are interested in becoming part of this small, but mighty team take a look at our latest opportunities.
Office Administration Assistant
At Nicholas King Homes we are proud to build, quality, innovative and creative homes for our customers, with the customer being at the heart of everything we do.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to offer administrative support to key members of the company's business operations within our Beaconsfield Head Office. The role is full time (Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm). No experience is required although we are looking for an individual who is keen and eager to build their career.
Key Responsibilities For This role:
- Support all general office administration including typing business documents and emails; maintaining filing systems; binding documents.
- Opening and distribution of post, franking for all mail and ensuring the post bag is ready at the end of the working day. Also liaising with the postman when necessary.
- Answering all telephone and direct calls from the main switchboard telephone and diverting calls appropriately.
- Monitoring and restocking the stationery cupboard and general office supplies and reordering them as needed; ensuring the stationery cupboard is restocked.
- Answering the intercom buzzer and being the first point of contact for deliveries. Greeting visitors, offering them a drink, as well as helping other Head Office personnel when they enter the office.
- Assisting with paperwork preparation for site launches including collation of drawings, forms, stationery, reservation packs and ordering paper for the plotters etc. and archiving old sites.
- Operating and overseeing the maintenance of office equipment, such as printers and photocopiers and arranging appropriate engineers to fix any issues.
- Preparing and clearing of boardroom/meeting rooms for meetings. Making drinks for meetings and ensuring that dirty mugs are removed, windows are closed and the rooms are clean and ready for the next meeting.
- Inputting finance/accountancy data/details for the Finance team as required as well as scanning, filing and logging account documents.
- Updating and maintaining computerised accounting systems within the Finance Department and general finance duties and ad hoc administration work as required by the Finance Department.
Key Skills Required:
- No experience or specific formal qualifications are required apart from GCSE English and Mathematics. A hardworking, diligent individual who shows great initiative and has a flexible approach to work.
- An effective written and verbal communicator who is confident speaking on the telephone and face to face and who has a professional manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and budget their own time well, with an organized and proactive approach to work.
- Eager to learn and develop new skills with a desire to grow into the role.
- Ability to deal with all members of the organisation with a professional and friendly demeanor and to work well in a team environment.
- Proficiency in computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook Excel).
If you are interested in this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
About Nicholas King Homes:
We predominately build in and around the Home Counties and South East of England with an aim to create homes with the customer at the heart of everything we do. Our founder and chairman, Nicholas King is still very much part of the day-to-day running of the business and shares the common goal by all employees that we should care for our customers, go the extra mile when it comes to those all-important extra touches and deliver houses that can be made homes for a lifetime.