Why work for Nicholas King Homes?
Nicholas King Homes are a group of passionate, ambitious and dedicated individuals, who work together to create beautiful homes for our customers. We are always on the look-out for people who share our vision and as our business continues to grow, we will invest in your development and wellbeing to help you reach your full potential.
Our head office is based in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire and our site locations are predominately in the South East of England and the Home Counties. If you are interested in becoming part of this small, but mighty team take a look at our latest opportunities.
About Nicholas King Homes:
We predominately build in and around the Home Counties and South East of England with an aim to create homes with the customer at the heart of everything we do. Our founder and chairman, Nicholas King is still very much part of the day-to-day running of the business and shares the common goal by all employees that we should care for our customers, go the extra mile when it comes to those all-important extra touches and deliver houses that can be made homes for a lifetime.
Assistant Land Buyer
To assist in the acquisition of development sites in order for land targets to be met, securing opportunities and turning them into deliverable projects. This role is working closely alongside the Group Land Director.
Scope of Job
• The Land Team as a whole is responsible for identifying, evaluating and securing sufficient land/sites for residential development on the most cost effective basis and on the parameters agreed, in order to meet the company’s objectives.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Support the land team in the identification and acquisition of sites, assessing their suitability, carrying out due diligence, assisting with the preparation of bids and the ongoing management of land opportunities and land requirements such as;
• Unconditional purchases with planning consent already in place
• Conditional purchases and options subject to planning consent
• Pro-actively identify and pursue land opportunities and maintain a high profile with external property consultants/contacts as potential sources of development opportunities through relationships with contacts, land agents and direct approaches to land owners.
• Develop a detailed knowledge of designated geographical areas where Nicholas King Homes are seeking to develop.
• Develop and maintain a full understanding of the Nicholas King Homes Land Appraisal System and the various procedures involved in investigating, reviewing, reporting and ultimately purchasing land.
• Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of all aspects covering the acquisition and development of land, including planning, legal, technical and sales and marketing and be responsible for reporting on these elements within the land valuation process.
• Deal with day to day discussions between internal departments, local authorities, land owners, land agents, consultants and other parties, as directed by the management team.
• As directed by the management team, enter negotiations and formulate offers to purchase land opportunities
• General reporting on development opportunities and competitor activity, producing comprehensive land packs and land handover files.
• Attend any relevant courses as instructed.
• Contribute positively towards improving the success of the business, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company.
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Based at our Head Office in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, as well as on-site at our Water’s Edge development, Surrey
Offering a competitive salary plus excellent benefits
- Collate, distribute and file all drawings and information required for construction to all relevant parties.
- Ensure all information issued is compliant with current regulations and planning permissions.
- Ensure all information has buildability and is the most economic build both in terms of time and cost.
- Ensure that all information from different consultants is compatible and there are no construction conflicts.
- Ensure all information filed in the office and Project Vault is up to date and clearly filed and labelled.
- Liaise with local authorities and county councils and arrange production of all information relating to the completion of section agreements as instructed.
- Create and monitor budgets for all external consultants and report all finding to Head of Technical and senior surveyor on a weekly basis.
- Place orders and make all necessary payments to external consultants in accordance with Approval Procedures.
- Ensure applications and payments for connections of all relevant services for sites (both temporary and permanent) are completed and paid in good time for construction programme.
- Ensure NHBC (or equivalent) have all necessary information and payments to enable all relevant approvals relevant to each Construction Stage.
- Collate health & safety plans for each development and keep them updated as necessary to comply with all current legislation.
- Liaise with crane suppliers and contract manager to ensure correct crane is acquired and all relevant licences / works are in place for efficient use of the crane including all necessary connections.
- Liaise with highways authorities where necessary to obtain any scaffold / hoarding/ road closure licences or any other licences required from county councils or local authorities.
- Check and issue specifications for both internal and external finishes and ensure the surveyors, buyers have the agreed latest information.
- Check brochures for sales department to ensure dimensions/ specifications and all pictorial information is in line with planning permission and the construction drawings
- Carry out all instructions given by Head of Technical in line with the company's business.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part time Sales Executive
Part time Sales Executive to join the team at our successful Ravensmoor development in Pitstone.
Please send your cv to email@example.com
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accounts Supervisor at Nicholas King Homes.
As a key member of our Finance Department, you will report to the Finance Director providing support to the Finance Department.
You will have proven experience of payroll, accounts payable, bank reconciliations and transactional tasks.
You will be a quick learner with a flexible, proactive approach and an excellent eye for detail. Previous relevant experience is essential with a good understanding of payroll and the accounts payable process.
The position is full time (37.5 hours/ week) and is based at our Head Office in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire.
We are offering a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org