100% Mortgages are back
Home ownership could be closer than you think..
If you can afford to rent, you could afford to make mortgage payments. Available exclusively through Skipton Building Society, borrowers will now be able to side-step the usual deposit requirements of purchasing their first home up to a value of £600,000 with a 100% mortgage and zero deposit.
While other no-deposit deals are available, they require the financial backing of family or friends. This new deal will require 12 months of on-time rental payments and a good credit history, however it does not need a guarantor. This is a huge breakthrough for renters and an opportunity to get on the property ladder which up until now, may have not been an option due to a lack of savings or family wealth.
You might be eligible for this mortgage if:
- Each applicant is a first-time buyer
- Each applicant is aged 21 or over
- You have less than a 5% deposit
- You want to borrow up to £600,000
- Each applicant has no missed payments on debts / credit commitments (e.g. mobile phone bill) over the last 6 months
- You meet the household-to-household criteria
- You're not looking to buy a new build flat
- You have proof of having paid at least 12 months' rent in a row, during the last 18 months
- You must also have experience of paying all household bills (e.g utility bills, council tax etc) for at least 12 months in a row, during the last 18 months.
As Buckinghamshire property developers, we understand that buying a new home is one of the most expensive purchases you are likely to ever make, so it's important to find a deal that works for you. This innovative product can be used across all our new build houses, including our new homes in Berkshire, and new homes in Surrey, up to the value of £600,000.