Stage 1How to apply for Help to Buy
- First, choose your potential Help to Buy home. We can advise you which of our homes qualify for the Help to Buy scheme.
- Talk to your Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) to confirm your financial status. If you don’t already have an IFA, your local Help to Buy agent or Nicholas King Homes will put you in touch with Independent Financial Advisers who are very experienced in dealing with Help to Buy.
- Make sure you have the funds to pay:
- your reservation fee to Nicholas King Homes (maximum £500)
- your deposit – at least 5% of the full purchase price, which will be due when you exchange contracts (some mortgage lenders may require higher deposits)
- your fees, e.g. stamp duty, legal fees.
- Register and fill in a Help to Buy Property Information Form (available on the Help to Buy website). They will need details of your proposed purchase, your proposed main mortgage, your deposit and your current household income. By filling out this form, you are confirming your consent for the Help to Buy mortgage funds to be paid directly to Nicholas King Homes.
- Reserve your home (all it takes is £500).
- We will send a copy of the Nicholas King Homes signed reservation form to your local Help to Buy agent.